A short Biography of Dr. Talat Sultan – Principal of Baytul-Iman Academy
- Originally fromPakistan
- Received his Masters in Islamic History and Culture fromUniversityofKarachi.
- Came to theU.S.in December 1962
- Received Doctorate of Education from University of California, Los Angeles
- Served as:
- Professor of Education and Chairman, Division of Education and Psychology at Barber-Scotia College, Concord, NC.
- Director of Education for Islamic Society ofNorth America [ISNA].
- Professor of Research in Islamic Education at UmmAl-Qura University, Makkah, Saudi Arabia.
- Principal of Pleasant View [an Islamic elementary] School, Memphis, Islamic Foundation School [Largest Islamic elementary, middle and high school in the U.S.], Chicago, Phoenix Metro Islamic School [Day Care through Eighth] and Washington Islamic Academy , Alexandria, VA.
Also served as:
- Author and Director of four federal projects for in-service teacher education and community development.
- Consultant and resource person on Islamic education to the governments ofBruneiandMalaysia, International Islamic Universities of Pakistan andMalaysia, Islamic communities centers of the Caribbeanâ€™s and scores of Islamic schools in the U.S. and Canada.
- Founder President, Islamic Circle of North America, 1968-75 & 2003-05
- President, Association of Muslim Social Scientist, 1979-81.
Author of five books on Islamic Education:
- Curriculum Guide for Islamic Studies, Makkah: UmmAl-Qura University, 1992, 295pp.
- Muslim Education and Community Development: An analytical Case Study of Pakistan. Makkah: Umm Al-Qura University, 1991,74pp.
- Islamization of Education: The Need and the Plan. Makkah: Umm Al-QuraUniversity, 1995, 95pp.
- Manual for Curriculum Guides: An Islamic Perspective. Makkah: UmmAl-QuraUniversity, 1996.128pp
- Islami Nazm aur Uske Lawazimat, [ with three other co-authers],Lahore: Islamic Publications, 1997, 120pp.